Monday, January 23, 2006

MAFW A/W 2006




Josh Goot A/W 2006 Mercedes Australian Fashion Week
Photographs: Ronald Gillard via Vogue.com.au



I was just looking at the collections on Vogue and was reminded by my Art & Fashion lecturer's comment that "people are willing to pay a lot of money for something that is not only comfortable, but wearable" in reference to Josh Goot's recent rise to attention (though probably not so much here in Perth).

Is it form following function or function following form? You can decide, but I have to say, i thought there were a few rubies in amongst the array of jersey.

Take a look at this little strapless number we have above left.

Jersey may just be something of a wonder-material, I've been thinking. (Generally) Easy-care, two-way stretch to accomodate the inevitable bulges we all have, doesn't crease, falls beautifully. I'd even go so far as to say it's an affordable material --- though of course, you can be sure to expect a designer price tag for one of these babies. I seem to remember said-lecturer off-handedly quoting AUD$300 for a mens tshirt. Hm.



Meanwhile ...

Here's something from Mad Cortes ---

Cute dress, check.
Dancing shoes, check.
Somewhat interesting jewellery, check.

My grandmother's knee-high stockings ... uh.



Really don't know what the deal is there. Particularly given that these dresses whilst channelling the twenties, seem to have that Grecian feel to them, with the billowing armholes and loose cuts.

Something tells me a drawn-on seam at the back of the leg would have worked too.





Mad Cortes A/W MAFW 2006
Photograph: Ronald Gillard via Vogue.com.au

2 Comments:

Blogger A dreamer said...

knee high granny socks. *haha*
A hard thing to pull off really. But I've seen a few sheer knee high ones with a print on them and they look suprisingly good.

29 January, 2008 16:21  
Anonymous rodelmalopez said...

u made me laugh too knee high stockings lol...I can relate..anyways like the clothes makes me feel im on movie film if I wear them

25 September, 2013 02:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home